PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 28th Oct 2010, 14:29
just an observer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To Safety Concerns - I have a husband works for BA, and his is the larger portion of the family income and shortly his BA pension will be the larger source of retired income, of course I am interested in the financial health of BA, but as I am not myself an employee I can't post on the CC thread.

I have seen over the last decade lack of pay rises in engineering, and reductions in department manpower far in excess of the reduction on CC on board, and I am furious that some CC seem to think they are entitled to a bigger share of the BA cake just because they are frontline staff, and that they are prepared to put at risk all the sacrifices made by other departments.

The news of the half year profit is very encouraging and shows that the airline is beginning to get back, but bear in mind this is after all the savings, including those 'imposed' on CC, and that this is the 'good' half year.

A company like BA must make profits, not break even, it's not just there for it's staff, it has shareholders who expect a dividend, and banks who expect capital repayments, not just the interest that appears in the profit and loss account, not to mention investment in new aircraft.