PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 28th Oct 2010, 08:52
Wirbelsturm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The offer put forward by the company remains poor and a high rejection rate is predicted with BASSA members remaining firm in the view that the courts will be finding in our favour on many counts.
On many counts of what? BASSA have failed in their bid to classify inmposition as contractual, they have failed to get staff travel back 'in 5 minutes'. The private action under the race relations act is a joke and clutching at straws. The court transcripts from the testimonies of the BASSA heirarchy in court were funnier than an episode of Ally McBeal including some of the shot down arguments of the BASSA QC.

The Government is cutting the bloated, unaffordable waste of the former Government and trying to attract the Private sector into making more jobs available and STILL BASSA bleat on about having a change imposed. Time to wake up.

Staff travel remains one sticking point although justice for fallen remains also a major concern.
The 'fallen'? You mean the ones who went through the Union recognised disciplinaries process after employing dirty tactics, threatening behaviour and bullying, or simply didn't bother turning up to work as the 'bruvverhud' was more important? Personally I wouldn't want someone who threatens families and children or threatens to doctor food and drink onboard my aeroplane. I feel that the thousands who don't support the BASSA actions would probably feel the same. They are most definitively NOT the fallen.

This company has used dirty tricks ( history repeating once again ) and I predict many claims for compensation to embarrass the company for many years to come.
What dirty tricks? So far, from the perspective of those who engaged in meaningful negotiation, the company has handled BASSA with 'kids gloves; and been very restrainied. I am sure you mean ST, even with ST why should the company compensate someone who chooses to live abroad and then chooses to financially damage their employers? If it is the case that the company is responsible for paying their travel bills then surely they should pay for my petrol as well as I don't live in the Sofitel T5? Even those contracted from abroad were only given dispensation to use ST during the initial 6 months. No where does it say they have a 'right' to use it. So what compensation can BASSA see being paid out?

More 'fluff' from BASSA with no substantiation.

Last edited by Wirbelsturm; 28th Oct 2010 at 09:19.