PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX Resignations
Thread: CX Resignations
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2010, 00:58
crewsunite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fortune favours the brave!

Well done to you guys that have the balls to jump ship, I'm no quite there yet.
I have been looking though and within the next 6 months may be a good time to do so. If you look on the terms & Endearment section you'll see loads of airlines are starting recruitment and yes incl a drive at SAA as someone mentioned.

You may think you'll win abit of a salary increase here but the trend in the long run will not be good. The courts mean Jack here and pilots find it difficult to stand together.

My guest is CX will continue to drive ATK down while new capacity comes in. There will come a time when the cost efficiency of new planes will reflect in the share price & it will be driven sky high. Swire will then offload a big chunk to the Chinese.

How much leverage will we have then? If the courts are unreliable now, how bad will they be then? Your home country with better labour protection is a better choice for the young.

CX Managers are such losers, a winning & admirable team is no longer important to them. They more interested in playing the game against us than with us. Sad and I don't ever see it changing.

Good luck to you guys. You may or may not have matching dollar for the short term, but in the long run you certainly make up for it. You & your families will certainly have a healthier & happier quality of life. Enjoy

Fortune favours the brave!