PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 27th Oct 2010, 20:53
Colonel White

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Meanwhile in another part of the forest ...

Has anyone heard how Unite, BASSA, and CC89 are doing with getting the ballot of the ground ? Have they sent out the details and that helpful accompanying note that was promised ? I ask this as time is ticking on. Presumably there are BASSA members who intend to vote against the offer and really want another strike ballot in time for Crimbo. They'll not make it by my reckoning now as they need to allow at least three weeks for this consultative ballot, a further four weeks for a strike ballot (assuming that Unite let them and the offer is rejected) plus another week's notice of intended strike dates. My calendar makes that first available strike date now December 27th. Maybe it's time for those diehards to rethink their strategy. It might pay to accept this deal rather than make empty threats.

For those who continue to whinge about WW's possible pay hike for taking over as CEO of IAG, bear in mind that IAG will want to be seen to be offering a salary that is commensurate with the role - it just so happens that this time around, the person getting this is the current CEO of BA. Would cabin crew have complained if it had been the CEO of Iberia who got the job, or maybe someone brought in from American or from outside of the aviation business ? No. So why get your tights in a twist simply because the person is the current BA CEO ? It smacks of sheer envy.

Last edited by Colonel White; 27th Oct 2010 at 21:00. Reason: spelling and additional comment