PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Joe Eakins: Brave?....or....
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2010, 17:13
Y0SSARIAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If one were disposed to consult Adam Smith or any other Free Market advocate they would be confronted by the market inefficiencies that Monopolies, Virtual Monopolies or Oligopolies impose on the free market (as is the case in Australian Airline employers). In terms of the balance of monetary reward versus actual contribution to economic activity the "invisible hand" is not just "invisible" but nonexistent in this regard.
Thus theoretically and economically in a relatively free-market economy the only way to counter the power of corporate hegemony is through collective labour. Northern Europeans have known this for at least 100 years and our history shows that we have indeed understood this, and subsequently largely forgotten it.
I am ashamed to an extent to be born just prior to the "Y" generation, known by others as the "me" generation. Ashamed to a minor extent but more honoured to have the opportunity to explain to my friends and colleagues the historic significance of the struggle we now face and the fact that our parent's generation only enjoyed the workplace rights and conditions they did as a result of generations of struggle against economic repression combined with the threat of an ideologically incompatible philosophy (i.e. communism- dialectic materialism) that to an extent "kept the bastards honest".
Now that no such threat exists there is no imperative for our "dear leaders" to offer us any kind of "new deal". Thus we will be raped and pillaged and screwed until our oppressors finally confront a brick wall. That brick wall is us and can only be constructed on the basis of relative unity.
Unity is the answer
To the problem.
100% is not required.
But you are required.
If myopia or denial is your solution to avoiding conflict, then I wish the best of luck to you. Hopefully you will see the light and join us one day.
As for the rest who need little or no convincing, the answer is as obvious as it is self-apparent.