PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PVR
Thread: PVR
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2010, 17:07
sargs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
500days2do:

Quote "Bit of an unfair and ill-informed comment, I think. I believe the responsible Desky is doing everthing he possibly can to help people in just this situation."

You are living in la-la land if you believe this to be true.

The first thing "Desky" will be doing is checking his 6 to ensure he doesn't become part of the statistic...human nature old boy...can't blame him.

Er - I'm not living in La-La Land, actually. I know the Desk Officer personally, as do many on this site, and I can assure you he is not spending his time "checking his 6" - he's actually getting on with the unpleasant business of trying to manage a diabolical situation which has been thrown his way. Just because you may have a jaundiced view of the RAF, don't assume everyone else does.

Pontious Navgator:

5d2d, thank you. The operative word in my post was COULD and that cannot be ill informed.
OK, perhaps I didn't choose my words carefully enough, although in my defence I was a little peeved that this sort of stuff is being peddled whilst people genuinely fear for their careers. Delete "ill-informed" and substitute "ill-considered" if you wish.