PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 27th Oct 2010, 08:28
MFCREW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel Mode

You're not anything you say you are...

We'll gloss over the dubious tax rate. (you've 100% taxed allowances at a rate of 20%)
No I havent - I get £2.40 per hour minus £0.87p tax free = £1.53 taxable. I then pay tax and NI at 20% and 11% = 31% = 47p - take that away from the £2.40 and I get £1.93 or there abouts. Before you come on here accusing me please get your FACTS right.

As you would know if you really were MF crew you would be paid the hourly rate from check in to check out not just duty hours. So there is no "absolute maximum" indeed you could check in on 1st Jan and check out on 31st dec and earn 8760 duty hours. If you're expecting to be at work or on nightstops for only 28% of the year you're going to be disappointed.
Have you seen our roster? Maybe I worked it out wrong at 2500 but it wont be much more - even if I doid a 3 day longhaul trip - include my days off back home and it doesnt work out much different

And why do you need a full month travelcard? You wont be doing more than 10 return trips a month at £1.30-£2.70 per single journey. So even if every journey is in peak hours (highly unlikely) thats only £54.
The majority of our work is shorthaul and standby - much more than 10 trips per month - plus what about my days off at home? I still need to get about thats why I get a monthly Oyster Card

And you would have full knowledge of the performance pay scheme too. But you seem to have missed that out.
That is something that is a bonus and cannot be included as guaranteed income