PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SkyWest A320
Thread: SkyWest A320
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2010, 01:07
Xeptu

Received 80 Likes on 46 Posts
I'm sure they have and I'm sure XR would be pushing real hard for a date in November, because we all know the world stops in December, pretty hard to put a casa team together then.
they still have a few weeks it is do-able, but lets wait and see how they go.

I guess I should explain what has to happen for the benefit of those who don't know.

XR have done this before, twice in fact, once for the original charter AOC and then again about 12 months later when it became an RPT AOC High Capacity when the F100 was first introduced.

The AOC is issued in much the same way as we would do an instrument rating renewal. A CASA team is assembled, Engineering, Cabin crew, Tech crew and a team leader who oversees everything. they come from all around the country. All the boxes must be ticked "on the day" the grand finale is the line flight and emergency evac demo, if there are any show stoppers in there and just one of those boxes are not ticked, it's all over and you have to do the whole thing again and that won't happen inside 30 days.

Now XR have done this before, however none of the original team are still with XR today, so it will be a brand new first time team, we cheat actually and put someone in there who has done it before, because thats the smart thing to do. It's an absolutely daunting day for the entire team and at the end of the day the team is totally exhausted, there's nothing fun in it at all.
This is not something you want to be doing twice, so getting it right is essential.

Good on them and good luck.

Last edited by Xeptu; 27th Oct 2010 at 01:50.