PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 26th Oct 2010, 15:56
JUAN TRIPP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mixed Fleet salary

Could someone explain to me why some crew on here and out on line are infatuated by the proposed salaries of Mixed fleet? They go on and on about it. have just flown with a lovely temp who has got the job as main crew on Mixed fleet. ( Not all got it for the info of any Bassa follower who thinks the job is being given away with a packet of crisps) He said he was FULLY aware of what he was doing, and if it didn't work out, so be it. He commemted that on WW in particular, he has been told a million times of what an idiot he was for taking the new job. As he said, these crew have NO idea whats happening in the real world, how few jobs were out there, despite having experiance in differant jobs and a degree from Uni. He commented also that he found their arrogance unbelievable re the job, and the fact that many, not all, seemed to think the world and BA owed them everything due to the fact of many years loyalty towards the company. As he said, its not loyalty, more like it has suited their situation. So true I thought.

As for not being able to afford to work out of LHR, some of these crew really need to open their eyes when they check in at CRC next time. What wages do you think that ops, CC direct, the security people who check the crew in CRC, are on. Then as you go into T5, what about the staff at EAT, Pret, Itsu, Costa, the DF shops, cleaners, auxilary staff, canteen staff etc etc. Thats just the staff at LHR in T5. Their are 1000's of others who work at LHR who aren't on great wages, YET manage somehow to get on with their lives.

The arrogance of some crew has always astounded me. ' Im alright Jack' seems to be their motto. Thankfully they are in the minority IMO.

Last edited by JUAN TRIPP; 26th Oct 2010 at 16:06.