PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Recruiting now
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2010, 12:25
SPLIT-FFMTCC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Purple Pitot - Spot on

Some of the info spouted on here and taken by many of the uninitiated as gospel is a load of rot.

1st - to learn fresh SOP's for when joining a new company is not beyond the capacity or ability of 99% of commercial pilots within a few days. You may call for something at a different altitude, time or place or change the order you do something but come on, its not beyond anyone to assimilate new information quickly and put it into practice. It's like saying when you go to the US on holiday you won't be able to adapt to driving on the other side of the road.

2nd - I've been to airline interviews where there have been sim checks and no sim checks, psychometic testing and personality profiles and others that don't. One thing that is constant is your character and if they (as a captain) could envisage sitting with you for 9 hours and would go for a pint afterwards.

3rd - The Mod vs. Integrated debate has raged on other threads for ages. Yes both methods have their pro's and con's i.e. where you get consistency and a polished product from an integrated school you get life experience, independence and strength of character from going modular. At present in the UK many CP's like the former and the remainder prefer the latter, neither one is wholly correct or completely wrong.

4th - I've found the IPA particularly helpful and approachable in the past, can't say the same for BALPA. I'm just waiting until they change their call screening to "press 1 for BA and Virgin" UK based bells and whistles call hander with a background in employment law, "press 2 for charter airlines" some sweatshop call-centre in Delhi and "3 for everyone else" continuous dialling tone.

However most of these points don't have anything to do with recruitment at Jet2 so why don't we keep things on track.

Last edited by SPLIT-FFMTCC; 26th Oct 2010 at 15:37.