PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - G day workers
Thread: G day workers
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2010, 03:16
Old Fella

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pay Scales and bygone days

CodyBlade, Farman Biplane,Wraith & Captain Dart. I accept that things obviously are different in CX these days compared to what I remember. Common Jet Salary replaced B707, L1011 and B747 pay scales in the early 1980's, Profit Share was introduced and it was to our mutual benefit to "put in" as far as effort went. That this is no longer the case is sad, however it still amazes me that if CoS are as bad as it is claimed that any of you are still in HK or wherever you may be based. I know that it is very difficult to be really enthusiastic in what you do if you are not happy doing it. This thread all began with a comment regarding working "G" days and has descended into an all out bitch session. One thing is certain, as Captain Dart puts it, "It is a crying bloody shame". CX is not what it once was but I'll bet there are many other airlines far worse than CX. That said, there must be somewhere for those truly unhappy to go and maybe feel better treated. Oh, and by the way Farman Biplane, I didn't sell my soul to CX but rather I could tell the difference between CoS at my previous employer compared to those at CX. It seems that some on this forum cannot.