PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Recruiting now
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2010, 22:56
B-727

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PAPI:

I asked the IPA about the Vat and they couldn't tell me.
Join a proper union, you'll need to if your becomming a Jet2 employee plus your colleagues will appreciate it.......... (but that's for another thread)

SPLIT:

I don't know if the CAA imposed the 12% intake of 250hr Oxford bods so as not to dilute the company and make it have too much an emphasis on inexperience. Or if it was a value touted as being manageable.
How the hell can the CAA set out min. employment requirements? They just have to make sure that those who are employed have the right qualifications. I remember talking to the Fleet Captain a few years back who said he'd like to recruit more given the chance..........

For info, I've flown with many Oxford cadets and found ALL of them to be fine and in some cases better than their supposedly 'greater experienced' colleagues. Yes, the 'bigger picture and experience factor' is a little lacking at first but you'd be surprissed how good the general flying and SOP's are......... at least they don't have to 'um-learn' a previous type / company SOP's first!

It's makes a nice change to fly with someone who's very keen, often polite, they hang around for at least a few years before leaving and you get to pass on a bit of your old 'barn-storming' knowledge and they actually pretend to be interested!!