PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Aircraft Maintenance On The Decline
Old 25th Oct 2010, 21:58
HubNuts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I totally agree with you woptb, the management do beat the Engineers with a rather large wooden stick, demanding more for less, and as you put it we all have that can do attitude, no matter what, well within reason.
It is true that us Engineers should unite and band together but for some unknown reason,we don't.

Now i think it was only recent that a rather large exclusive airline had a vote too enable the ALAE too become their political voice, but there was'nt enough proportional representation too allow this too go ahead, please do correct me if i have got my facts wrong, as this was gleamed from a colleague, and well rumour network as anybody knows is an active zone.

I mean the Pilots have BALPA, and, ok from reading a few of the posts from some of the Bus Drivers,(No Offense any pilots reading this) on their thread, their union does have quite a strong political voice.

It would be interesting if some bright spark could actually forge interest in a national unionised body that Licensed and unlicensed Engineers would feel a benefit of joining, that also would include drumming up support for the current ALAE. As currently i talk too some of my work colleagues some are in favour and some are'nt of joining a union.

But all in all i have read some interesting replies and beeline you actually too spoke of home truths within the industry.