PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 25th Oct 2010, 19:15
Scapa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quite right, its 2.40 for every hour away from base.

So to achieve what BA reckons, i.e. 17k (18.5-20k for comparison see previous post) you need to work 2500 duty hours per year. Assuming you have 4 weeks leave that leaves 48 possible working weeks per year. This is 52 duty hours a week. So even if you do entirely short haul working weeks then this is 5 10 hour days. Long days i admit but if you throw in a 4 day trip away this is 70-80 duty hours. Over a month I can see it will not be difficult to amass the hours required to achieve what BA states. How many duty hours per month do our current EF/WW/LGW crew do? I rather suspect its more than 225 per month.

MF will run with a bid preference system, the same as LGW this will allow crew to bid for either nights at home, more money i.e. longer trips away, early starts, late finishes, days off, whatever lifestyle they want to lead within the hours they are required to do.

In fact I can see the potential to earn much more that what is stated above by bidding for longhaul trips. WW are quite efficient as far as duty hours/flying hours are concerned, how many do they achieve per month, this will give a good guide as to what is achievable.

Stating that crew can only rely on 11k pa is futile, the rest is not 'at risk' it just means that you have to come to work to earn what you expect.

Scapa

Last edited by Scapa; 25th Oct 2010 at 20:14. Reason: editing