PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 25th Oct 2010, 12:12
Scapa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Salary on MF

Right,

This is an extract from the BA recruitment web site:

Reward package £17,000 to £20,000 pa includes:

Basic salary
Elapsed Hourly Pay
Performance Related Incentive Reward
Annual leave starting at 30 days pa rising to 34 days pa
So before i get jumped on and told that the small print is what matters, i believe the Basic is around 11k so the remainder is made up of the duty pay roughly 2.40 per hour. I imagine BA assume this would take you up to the 17k and the remaining 3k is the 'Performance Related Incentive Reward'. The Elapsed Hourly Pay will be taxed at a preferential rate as are all expenses based payments. The closest for comparison in BA is the pilots hourly rate, which is taxed at 79% tax free and 21% taxed. So 4,740 tax free 1260 taxed.

So Taxed income = 11,000 + 1,260 = 12260 per year
Tax free = 4740 per year = 395 per month

Using The Salary Calculator - Take-Home tax calculator Taxed income gives a take home of 894.07, if you now add on the tax free element this gives a total take home of 1289.07.

So anyone else in another industry, to take home 1289 per month has to earn 19,641. (using the reverse tool on the above website)

Even without the potential to earn an extra 3k in bonuses were not really talking about a bread line salary are we?

I'm not having a go at current crew, all i'm trying to establish is that the salary is not that bad and at least matches if not exceed other crew salaries from other airlines.

The bottom line as has been stated in previous posts is that if people can get better income elsewhere then MF will have to up its wages, otherwise it is well placed in the industry, market forces.