PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 25th Oct 2010, 12:04
Yellow Pen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No, a semi-skilled labourer is one who does semi-skilled labour. Doesn't have to be on a building site and nothing on that link says it is. Perhaps it would offend your sensibilities less if I called it a semi-skilled worker? Makes no difference to the results, however you are attempting to turn this into a BASSA forum style debate by endless nit-picking and pedantry. The broad thrust of the statistics are there to see and scratching around the edges with wordplay doesn't deflect it.

MissM - there are plenty of Eurofleet crew who live a long way from LHR too. I have commuted to LHR from a long distance whilst flying short haul, sometimes on minimum rest between trips. I've stayed down at B&Bs because it wasn't worth going home, I've driven home so I could a have 7 hours in my own bed (minimum rest at base is 12 hours you know!) EF crew aren't anything special in that respect. Once MF is established they won't be reporting daily at LHR so the drive is less of a grind, and they'll be reporting on fewer days a week than your average office worker who may very well spend 30-60 minutes driving each direction every working day.