PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 25th Oct 2010, 10:33
Snas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The idea was clever, but it didn't have the affect they were hoping for I imagine, other than giving an indication of BASSA support.
Perhaps I’m being naive but I don’t think BA was hoping for a specific result as such. I think they were just allowing those members who had made a decision to not join or leave the Union to decide their own future - (so far as any of us can) and not be dictated to by the democratic and vocal minority of BASSA voters.

BASSA, who let’s face it, have already assisted in denying CC the opportunity to vote on the MTP and an additional free ticket and also offered a pay cut (where non was being asked), again with no vote.

As far as being democratic is concerned BASSA are not really a good example to say the least. The fact that representatives were elected once back in the day doesn’t give them the right to run amok thereafter without regard for the views of the members.

Is it so farfetched to think that BA felt genuinely sorry for some (non-union) CC caught up in all the crap and offered them a side road?

(Though if they take their example from MP’s I can understand the problem…!)

BA gave some CC, my partner being one of them, an escape road. Ignoring IA disruption and other items of silliness so far as contracts and T’s and C’s are concerned her view is that she’s out of it all, and feels all the better for it. To her BASSA’s actions are now a sideshow to be watched with morbid interest only.

Do you see this differently?