PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 24th Oct 2010, 12:13
Wirbelsturm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lady Fly, Fly,

The BASSA misinformation system encourages people to believe that anyone who disagrees with the BASSA stance is a bully.

I have been flying, professionally, for 24 years now and in that time I have very, very rarely seen bullying and victimisation. I have seen many examples of people disagreeing and having fantastic arguments over niggly little things but constant, systematic bullying? Nope. I feel that you seem to think that anyone who expresses an opinion against the CC Unions current suicide strategy as personally attacking you. As has been said many times before the occasional hot post on here is directed at BASSA and not at the individual.

A classic example is that that you, yourself used about another group coming close to strike. The vast majority of BASSA members don't actually understand what that was about but have been told on the BASSA forum to throw it back as an example of how vindictive and two faced those colleagues are being. (Yes, I did read the thread on the BASSA forum). The difference was quite simply that the negotiations arrived at a totally cost neutral solution which the company, whilst earning clear profits, still refused to accept. A fairly big difference between that and what is happening now.

BASSA believed it could bring the company down. BASSA believed it could project rhetoric into the company forcing it to either back down or collapse in a time of extreme financial insecurity. BASSA attempted to strong arm its way out of savings and when it subsequently couldn't it refused to negotiate totally. The rest of the company employees acted purely to protect their jobs from a suicidal Union. No direct animosity towards the individual but incredularity toward the Union representation.

Please feel free to correct any spelling and punctuation errors, as you state I am only human but I feel that it is good to accept criticism and learn from my mistakes.

(Prior to learning my current trade I worked behind the counter in a chip shop earning little money but it was money I earned thus making it and any job something to be proud of, including a hotel doorman.)