PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 24th Oct 2010, 10:24
Lady Fly Fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I said, and I have no reason to lie, I have never posted on here before!! I have not just posted under another user name. This is my view and after reading such hatred and rude comments about Cabin Crew for a long time, I felt I just had to say my bit.

Please take a minute, stand back and think about what you write. I have been in the company 16 years. To write things about crew with such hatred has upset me so much. I have shed many tears on how I feel my 'colleagues' now feel about me. What has happened to the job I loved and the people I loved working with!!

I exercised my democratic right to strike. I dont bully or harrass people. I'm not a millitant. I am a woman in my fifties who did what I felt was right to protect my terms and conditions, simple as!! Certain colleagues were prepared to do exactly the same not so long ago, luckily they were never put to the test!! Yet everyone in the company from ground staff, to managers and (dare I say it without the MOD taking this post out) my own flight crew colleagues feel they have the right to make nasty comments and have a vitrolic opinion!!

I dont feel obliged to justify my opinion to everyone. Yes I know the company will survive without me, as the company will survive without us ALL! Whatever we do there will always be others that can do our jobs for less money. Maybe even better.

I do a good job, work hard and love my role.

All I'm asking is PLEASE think about how and what you write makes some of us FEEL. I am human. I did love my job and I did respect my colleagues. Now sadly I'm shocked.

There I've said it now!!

And please dont correct my spelling, grammer or punctuation. I am me, not perfect, not Einstein but I'm human and make mistakes!! To correct things like that is also demeaning.