PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - G day workers
Thread: G day workers
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2010, 20:17
sorvad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TOE KNEE TILER

You may want to be certain of your facts before you point fingers...I am in the AOA and have been for the best part of 9 or 10 years, but its militant T@$$£rs like you who have often made me want to leave ....the reason being that you intimidate people...not me you understand, but the very people the union would like to join their fold...namely new joiners...usually they have come from the UK or Australia, the U.S or new Zealand, Canada or Europe, where in their previous lives they have been represented by a PROFESSIONAL body who, whilst encouraging their membership in order to benefit the greater good, respect their choice as individuals. Then they come to Asia, join Cathay, and hope that with the AOA, they might get the same un-biassed Professional representation they have had in the past...but....very soon, sometimes even before they join, they are exposed to the litany of backbiting hypocrisy and negativity, personified by the likes of you TKT using the umbrella of the AOA....you remind me of some of the more odious characters in the recent history of unrest at Cathay....

Its people like you who on one hand demand unity, but on the other, in times of strife, would sooner see a colleague ...(from whomever or whenever they joined ) lose their job than take so much of the smallest hit yourself

Its people like you who will slag off someone for taking a DE command but wont have applied for it yourself

Its people like you who will bemoan guys for staying on beyond 55 when you will go as long as you can yourself

Its people like you who would harrass wives of SO's joining during less opportune times some 8 years or so ago accusing their husbands of being scabs

Its people like you who told us as freighter new joiners when we weren't on flight pay( but everyone else was) when asked where our money would be coming to fund the 49ers, to wind our necks in as we were all in the same boat ( we weren't..as freighter crew we were totally ignored)

Its people like you..in fact..IT IS YOU.who recommends if a pay rise is awarded, that it be for AOA members only!..can you believe it...is this the voice of the greater good?..would you ever get this sort of bile from a representative of a professional body like BALPA

In short , its people like you TKT who profess to being on the side of your fellow man but who are so far up your own arse that you cant see that your fellow man might have somewhat different opinions to your own

Last edited by sorvad; 23rd Oct 2010 at 21:28.