PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 23rd Oct 2010, 12:06
License to Fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA's email ...

Dear colleague

If you are a member of Unite, you will soon be asked to vote on an offer that could end our long running dispute.

The offer keeps many of the things you have told me are important to you including assurances for your existing terms and conditions, a commitment that Heathrow crew will not lose out when Mixed Fleet begins, and a two year pay deal worth up to 5.9% from 2011. At the same time, it secures substantial permanent cost savings for the company.

In a genuine move by us to pave the way for an agreement, from next Tuesday (October 26) we are re-introducing ID90 staff travel for crew who went on strike with a reset date of joining of October 21, 2010. Full reinstatement in 2013 is subject to the conditions set out in the letter to Brendan Barber.

Unite has said that this offer is “the best that can be achieved through negotiation in the current climate”. I hope we can all agree that the time has come to move forward.

If you have any questions about the offer, I will be hosting a web chat next Tuesday 26 October and you can post your questions the day before. I would also encourage you to speak with your crew team manager.

Regards

Bill Francis
Head of IFCE

THE DEAL AT A GLANCE

Pay - two years of guaranteed pay rises worth up to 5.9 per cent from February 2011, on top of annual increments

Terms and conditions – current terms and conditions are protected for current crew including promotions, transfers and part time contracts in current fleets.

Variable pay – a top up scheme guarantees Heathrow crew cannot earn less than 2009-10 average variable earnings for their grade and fleet but they can earn more, as long as they don’t go on strike in that year.

Gatwick – possible opportunities for more long haul flying

Disciplinary cases – a review and binding decision by ACAS for a limited number of disciplinary cases at the end of the normal internal process

Cost savings secured – reduced cabin crew complements announced in October 2009, different terms and conditions for new Heathrow crew on Mixed Fleet and a two year basic pay freeze have delivered substantial permanent savings

Customer focus – changes to the worldwide disruption agreement to do our best for our customers and cabin crew

Working together – a joint commitment to review ways of working and union facilities.