PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 23rd Oct 2010, 07:46
flyingsoldier1993

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lets wait for the result...

I have just returned from a long haul trip and I am not so certain that this is the end of the story. The csd as well as most of the pursers and more senior main crew were furious about the new offer, they called and insult and they made it clear that hell would have to freeze over before they were going to accept it.
Furthermore they couldn't wait to talk to some union reps in person to get an explanation how this could have been put before them for a vote.
No doubt they are beginning to feel very shafted indeed and not just by BA.
A few junior crew had no opinion on it at all and they are probably not going to vote on it. (History repeating itself???)
My take on it:
The most militant strikers probably 25-35% are going to vote it down.
Most of the moderate union members are not going to vote again for one reason or another.
Here we go! Although less than 40% voted, the great majority of those will have turned it down. We will have another strike on our hands and the militant few can drag us all to the bottom of the ocean.
After all Duncan promised them an immediate ballot if the offer is rejected.
Due to the last 18 month of endless BASSA propaganda, half truth, scaremongering and indoctrination they have created themselves an army ready for the kill, unstoppable and deaf to reason.
Of course I do sincerely hope that I am wrong…

Last edited by flyingsoldier1993; 23rd Oct 2010 at 11:43.