PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 22nd Oct 2010, 22:10
Colonel White

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OzzieO

Forgive me but could you clarify your posting - it seems to have a wonderful tortology in it. You asked
what are the anti-BASSA, anti-BA cabin crew bashers that post on pprune going to do???
Now did you mean people who anti BASSA and anti BA and bash cabin crew, or anti BASSA people who bash those who are anti-BA cabin crew or what ??? A really most perplexing statement

I have a sneaky feeling that you might have been having a sly old dig at anyone who voiced an opinion that did not conform with the BASSA party line. Whatever. As one who has consistently been of the view that the BASSA leadership were a few sandwiches short of a picnic I can cheerfully state that this has been an interesting debate and one that I really do not wish to have to partake of again unless there is a similar foolishness. As this dispute is now drawing to a close maybe it is time for those who represent the views of the silent majority to be elected onto the BASSA executive. Hopefully they will be able to serve the membership better than the outgoing bunch.

Finally, you seem to have missed the point completely. It is because the action by cabin crew impacted on every other BA employee that this dispute became our business as well. You really need to appreciate that no-one in BA works in a a bubble. We all affect each other's lives. That's what working for a company is all about. Employees in successful companies know that they operate as one big team. Had we all considered you had a valid claim, we would have backed you. Trouble is we didn't, so you didn't get our support. You were poorly served by your branch officials and I suspect that they never once stopped to explain the consequences of the action they proposed.

Last edited by Colonel White; 22nd Oct 2010 at 22:27. Reason: added an afterthought