PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 22nd Oct 2010, 11:27
plodding along

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In 2007 that dispute was about giving BA a bloody nose because of the way they were treating us. BA made enough concessions to make the committee vote 6-3 in favour of calling of the dispute. Tony Woodley supported the 6 and so got blamed. I led the blame charge because I knew we hadn't done enough to make BA change the way thet treated us and 3 years later chickens are coming home to roost.

However now is not the time to recriminate. UNITE are the only game in town. The relationship the committee have with TW and Lenny McLuskey is an open one and once TW has gone as far as he can he will report back to the senior reps and a decision then will be taken which will give you the ultimate say.

I know 2007 was a hard pill to swallow but lessons have been learnt by BASSA and UNITE. We can't change history but what we can do is to make sure that the errors of the past are not repeated in the future. Rest assured your BASSA committee have their eyes fully open but also do remember there are a lot of people involved in this and it goes right to the top.

Rgds Duncan
Duncan was determined that the same thing wouldn't happen again but it looks to me like it just has.

A majority of BASSA reps (not all) have agreed with UNITE that this is the best offer available under the current economic climate.

The more militant BASSA reps have been forced to put this to the membership, I'm sure they are dreading an acceptance vote.

If it is accepted though, expect much blame to be cast just like the quote above.

Poor BASSA, they don't seem very good at this lark.