PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK fuel letter
Thread: EK fuel letter
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2010, 18:18
kiwi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe that if an operator chooses to operate a minimum fuel policey, it shouldn't combine that with a fuel uplift policy that allow dispatch with a desrepancy in uplift of 5% up to 1000kgs less than what is required minimum to legally do the job as we do at EK.
I also believe Harry that you have decided to put your own spin on the UAE GCAA requirement to arrive into Dubai with 20 minutes holding fuel. I have read it and nowhere does it state this applies only to such and such operators. Under the defintions in the OMA I don't believe that on an international operation you can legally depart intending to commit to destination and therefore sufficent fuel including your contingency should be acceptable practise.
It's like the Australian holding advisory. If it didn't apply to us we'd always get straight through with no holding just like the African and American operators instead of holding just like all the other operators do.
I also defy anyone to accurately predict when a peek time will occur nowadays. I have held for considerable periods during what I would have historically considered offpeek on several occassions.
Committing to destination is a serious business. Sounds easy up till the point both runways get closed so RFS vehicals can gain access to aircraft under emergency or an aircraft spills fluid or parts on the runway and flows decrease accordingly.