PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Um, what's all this about then?
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2002, 04:42
Elvis the Spot King

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

I agree with Mai. The rest of you guys are a bunch of ignorant ego-driven w@nkers. To suggest that an APS security guard is a police wannabee is like suggesting a QANTAS pilot is a Hazelton wannabee. APS are Commonwealth security, and will soon be merging with the Federal Police. They wear a shiny badge and carry a gun, handcuffs, etc because that is their uniform. Those are their required tools. I don't see you ripping off your local cops for carrying guns and cuffs.
You try to justify your own rudeness by arguing that he started it. How old did you say you were? 30? or 13? I see you have studied conflict resolution, and that you best way to handle conflict is to act like an obnoxious jerk.
Guys, don't bother applying for QANTAS, you won't pass the psyche test.
I don't think any of you guys would even make it to a Springer show about relationships with a partner. From your attitude I don't think you have the emotional maturity or stability to be involved in anything more than a one-night stand. Most likely your rebellion against security stems from your experience with nightclub bouncers picking you up off the floor at the end of the night and kicking you out.
Good luck in GA. May I suggest a career in security when you lose your medical...sorry, I forgot, most of you guys probably have DUI or minor drug offences, or assault charges after your conflict resolution skills didn't come up to scratch.

PS I do not work for APS, never have, just appreciate the career they have chosen and the work they do.