PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 21st Oct 2010, 10:39
Litebulbs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mariner9
Sadly, I don't share your optimism. The Miss M's of this world appear able to whip the majority of their fellow CC's interested enough to vote into a sense of outrage at will.

BASSA want to strike. Let them. I think most on here (perhaps even Litebulbs?) would agree that BA would have to take decisive action should it come to that.
I don't think BASSA want to strike, but they feel that it is required, because so much focus is on the dismissed employees, as it should be.

No doubt some of the dismissed would have been dismissed even if Bob Crowe had managed to sneak onto the management side of the disciplinary process. If BA can accept that the arbitration process allows the independent reviewer to reinstate dismissed employees without question, based on all the facts presented, then that could be a solution.

But as I see it, the negotiations are complete and a free vote (no public BASSA reps spin so far) will take place. If the vote is for rejection, then enough due process has been followed to make the dismissals fair in my mind and the new contract will not be the one that the vote will be about.