PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who Wants to join CATHAY!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2002, 02:59
tifters

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
up date

Hey guys a good post so far, not too much personal s@#t.
Anyway, i would like to add on my previous posts.
One thing up here is that yes the recruitment ban doesnt get much support as like with me alot of ex G.A guys here know how you must feel about wanting the job here. Some of us didnt even know who IFALPA were. We did think it hypocritical to expect those who need the job to do the work for us especially when we had limited industrial action last year and alot of the Captains hardly raised a finger to help, but that was the effect of intimidation from the company. We also dont get the chance to knock back upgrades, we just get a letter in our mailbox that tells us when and what. I would guess that if you walked into the office to say no thanks it would be like handing in your resignation. As i have said before, industrial action up here is very difficult, the union have seeked advice from all over on methods, some are good and some arent(the ban), but big picture stuff is that we have to go along with it otherwise this company would roll us over and the little niceties that we have that make Hong Kong worth our while would be slowly degraded, and believe me they would do it!!!
So its not perfect.
My concern is that there are enuff hard liners, hence my reasons for not posting on CPRUNE these days, that would make life pretty uncomfortable for the new joiners and you need to be aware of this. The other thing is if we have a bit of a win this year with whatever we have planned, maybe even a few court cases going our way, believe me the fence sitters will jump well and truly back the unions way, and then the support for the union will get even stronger because that is what alot of people are waiting for, a few wins.
Good luck with your decisions anyway, remember there are enuff ex GA guys/girls here to still have you over for a BBQ but that is just a small part of it!!!