PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 21st Oct 2010, 07:27
Chigley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beagle9

I think you've hit the nail on the head....like you the reason many of us chose to turn our backs on the union and come into work is because we bothered to read ALL the FACTS. Not the nonsense that the union and it's supporters spout, their facts do not stack up and are totally fabricated "we are going to lose this much pay....", "we'll all be on £2.40 and hour..." etc. Lets hope that the silent majority still in the union realise truth from fiction when they cast their vote!

MissM, Watersidewonker

Regarding the VCC's working over xmas, I'm not entirely sure why you think this will be a problem? Most VCC's opted to 'back BA' for a very good reason and that reason is still very real regardless of the time of year. I can only speak for myself but the two VCC friends I spoke to last night are very interested in the 'family duty ticket' option. They were not aware that they will be able to take family/friends away with them. Now they are quite excited at the prospect should it come to it.

Oh yes, and if it does come to it and the BASSA supporters do not come to their senses, I for one will look forward to working with like minded people in a lovely atmosphere like we did during the strike. A bit of festive spirit for once!