PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 21st Oct 2010, 06:50
Beagle9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Miss M

I know this is going back quite a number of pages, but this does illustrate nicely the type of scaremongering information that BASSA and it's worker ants like you have fed the fires of this dispute with.

In a recent post you were crowing that those people who had accepted the individual offer were going to get a nasty surprise in two years time re the "Monthly Top Up Payment". Your claim was that the MTUP was a deal for just 2 years and after that time it would be reduced to reflect changes to the flying programme for existing fleets.

Now I knew that was balony when I read it, but I didn't have the time to spare then to find the specific info disproving it. I do now:

Bill Francis's web chat 9 July, post 36 (In answer to a question about this very subject.) Quote:

"The MTUP will be based on the flying programme for 2009/10 and will be INCREASED IN LINE WITH FUTURE BASE PAY (Eg. RPI as shown in offer letter). TO BE ABSOLUTELY CLEAR it will NOT be based on a later schedule from now, but move with base pay increases."

Now, I don't know whether you personally are one of the ones who just quote BASSA unquestioningly without either checking the facts, or giving it any thought as to whether it makes any sense, or whether you are one of BASSA's loyal misinformation footsoldiers deliberately stiring up malcontent, but it's this type of nonsense that's driven me and people like me to resign from the union and bloody well come into work head held high and defiant.