PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 21st Oct 2010, 04:42
HiFlyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Miss M

Be under no illusion -neither you on your "strike till we go bust" mission, nor I on my "backing BA" way hold the key to this. Your role is done now. We all know that the strikers will reject this. All 3/4000 of them. It won't be enough to carry it though.

The key to unlocking this dispute is now firmly in the hands of the circa 5000(?) BASSA members that did NOT strike.

Those are the people who voted FOR strike action last year - but then came to work. Those are the people who "Backed BA" - yet remain as financial contributors to BASSA. Those are the people who abstained from the consultative ballot last time.

What will they do now? Will they realise they have the principle role now?

They do not care about staff travel as they still have it. They may believe getting ACAS to arbitrate on the disciplinaries is fair. They may, with all the government cuts, realise that a 2 year pay rise is not to be sniffed at. They may well accept this reasonable and fair offer.

So, please Miss M spare us your self-important and martyrdom attitude. You and I, passionate though we may be on our opposite sides of the fence, play no part in this now. We have everything to play for and everything to lose, but we can but sit on the sidelines and watch what happens.

If ever there was a time for the meek and mild to stand up and be counted, this is it. We wait with baited breath.