PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 20th Oct 2010, 18:26
Sporran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At first glance of the document I think it to be VERY fair indeed, particularly in the present climate.

I am a bit disappointed that WW has been so generous in giving back ST with original DOJ. I feel it would have been fairer, and recognise the efforts of those of us who kept the airline flying, if the DOJ had been reduced to a loss of 5 or 10 years, rather than give it back.

Even although strikers have lost ST for 2 years that does not feel sufficient to make up for the cost that has been involved to the company.

Saying that, if this concession re ST is enough to make people 'see sense' and sign the offer then it will have been worth it.

- Management managing the company at lasy - NOT bassa.

- Huge savings from MF and a re-emphasis on standards as a whole.

- BA to decide manning levels. (The whole idea that bassa felt they could dictate the number of crew to serve 400 pax (as was) or 270ish in high-J config. That should never, and will not now, be any remit of bassa.

Hopefully this can be the first step in getting us back to being a profitable and customer-focussed airline.