PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 20th Oct 2010, 14:26
TorC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After a long silence on the matter, I see that brother Len has spoken:

Unite statement on British Airways offer

20 October 2010
Unite British Airways cabin crew representatives met Unite joint general secretary Tony Woodley and assistant general secretary Len McCluskey yesterday (Tuesday) to consider a fresh offer made by the company to end the lengthy dispute.

The offer is the product of prolonged negotiations between the union and British Airways, assisted by the mediation service Acas and TUC general secretary Brendan Barber.

The representatives agreed to put the offer to a ballot of cabin crew members as soon as possible. No details of the offer will be released until they have been supplied to the membership.

Tony Woodley said today: “Our members, who have shown exemplary solidarity and discipline throughout this long and bitter dispute, will now decide whether this offer meets their requirements. Representatives agreed that it is the best that can be achieved through negotiation in the current climate.”

Len McCluskey added: “Unite has been determined to secure justice for its members throughout these long and complex negotiations. I am proud to have stood alongside these decent, loyal and professional men and women, who will now democratically determine if the agreement on offer provides the basis for the new relationship with BA which we all want to see.”
ENDS

Unite statement on British Airways offer

I can only assume that Tony and Len have never watched youtube.