PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 20th Oct 2010, 12:22
upperdeckpsr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
swalesboy

I wasn't employed by BA in 1989 but I am guessing that CC89 started up in a similar fashion to the PCCC? Please correct me if I am wrong.
CC89 was set up as the BASSA Branch at the time had the two sections Longhaul and Shorthaul - there was disagreement that either section could effectively vote or agree changes on the other section (amongst other things) - CC89 was then set up with the majority of it's members being on Longhaul - they grew a lot of their members when Mid-fleet started as two of the popular reps at the time where SCCM on Mid-fleet

And also feel free to put me straight that up until this dispute BASSA have thought of CC89 as the anti Christ?
Yes that is correct as the BASSA stance has been that CC89 diluted the strength of the workforce by dividing it - CC89 was also given a disproportionate number of Reps (compared to their membership numbers) which effectively gave the smaller union as big a say as the larger union