PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe pay Talks
Thread: Flybe pay Talks
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2010, 09:38
Kiltie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
six-sixty...well said.

Time and again we hear pilots slagging directors for their perceived ill-deserved wealth. The fact remains it is the directors that chose a career in taking big risks so to my mind they deserve the largest spoils of success. The laughably blinkered view still exists that "this airline wouldn't survive without its pilots", as if those in Operations, Accounts, PR, Engineering, Sales etc. have an insignificant influence on the business.

...and if I read one more thread describing "...the crew are all a great, fantastic, lovely, hard working bunch of people who are fabulous and great and wonderful to work with, but the management are a bunch of shysters who have no idea what it's like in the real world blah blah...." I think I might shoot myself.

If I wanted to be a rich man I would not have become a pilot. I would have stuck in at my Business Studies. For heaven's sake, us pilots are EMPLOYEES and just as expendable as the tea lady. Get over it or change your job; or better still, set up your own airline.....