PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 20th Oct 2010, 09:12
TorC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Meal Chucker
Just posted on the Bassa forum from DH, that it has been decided that there are enough changes to BA’s original proposal, for an electronic ballot to be conducted by the ERBS, as swiftly as possible.

I'm sure somebody will post the actual message in time.
Don't have access to bassa, but found this over on flyertalk:

Hi everyone, literally just back from Holborn 5 minutes ago, where nearly all of the reps were able to hear from Tony Woodley and then discuss the way forward. I am writing this very quickly because I know a lot of you are desperate to know what is happening and I don’t want remain silent overnight. Please excuse the rushed grammar.

It was decided after much debate that there are enough changes to BA’s original proposal, last voted upon in July, to warrant going back to you again for you to decide whether BA have come up with an offer that is acceptable to end this dispute. The ballot will be conducted electronically, but this time by the ERBS. It will be conducted as swiftly as possible.

The committee and reps felt that it was important that you had the final say over a matter as crucial as this - as you know, back in 2007 we took a decision without consultation and hindsight taught us that was a mistake. We know this will prolong the uncertainty but it is important that everyone’s views are lodged through a consultative ballot. The details of BA’s offer will be with you asap, it is best you get them in their entirety so you can make a sensible and rational decision rather than the odd leak here and there which can be distorted.

It is now up to you, if you vote against the offer the dispute goes on if you vote to accept the dispute is over.

I know there is not much real news in this message and you will all be anxious to get into the nitty gritty of BA’s offer but please keep patience with us for a few more days while we prepare all the paperwork for this consultative ballot.

Rgds Duncan
67% reject BA's final offer [latest strike discussion] - Page 60 - FlyerTalk Forums