PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus Cadetship
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2010, 15:46
FlexGate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe my post has been misinterpreted, so let me clear some things up. I am totally FOR cadetships/sponsorships as they offer guys that arent financially well-off to enter the profession that may not be able to otherwise. I think there is nothing wrong with having to pay for a sponsored course or cadetship provided that the terms and conditions are fair and reasonable. What I do NOT agree with is having to pay over-inflated prices (around £150k, when the likes of OAA are charging around £80k. Even they are considered to over price their product.) and to top it off, be offered a poor/mediocre salary!!!
I also believe that credit is too easy to get, especially here in the UK for pilot training. I personally know a couple of guys that have started integrated courses very recently and they are by no means rich or well-off. And I know that they have taken on the full loan, contributing nothing themselves financially to the training. Would it really be that hard to go out there in the real world and actually work for a few years, save some money and pay for a considerable part of your training whilst taking on a small loan that can be managed easily even if you fail to get an airline job straight after training?

At the end of the day, you would have to be smoking something illegal to take up a cadetship like this with the T&C's that they are offering.