PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 19th Oct 2010, 15:32
Spanner in the works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Again, after 20 years, I would hope for some guarantee that I'm not going to be forced out of my role, just to be replaced by a cheaper mode a couple of years down the line. What is this, lay over, take what you're given and be thankful.

No thanks.
No-one has suggested you do this. Of course you don't - but what you do is recognise need for change and negotiate your way to it that allows compromise from BOTH sides.

WW ideal - all on MF.
BASSA ideal - no-one on MF.

The early offers compromised on the BA "ideal" but were thrown out by BASSA without negotiation.
So now we see MF accelerated. Surprised?

I'm sure there will be plenty of negotiations in the coming years due to new ways of doing things in the light of BA/IB/AA.
Either get on-board and negotiate your way through or continually block and let the company go through with their ideal scenario.

Work together to achieve the best compromised results for all. That doesn't always mean the best settlements for either side - but as I say - compromised settlements. Something has to give.

Has BA ever issued CR?
If not, do you think they have been in a position where CR would have suited the company more than other measures?