PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 19th Oct 2010, 14:03
Spanner in the works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I took two weeks unpaid leave last year.
And haven't had a pay rise for two years - based on my performance reviews in those to years I would normally be on 10% more than I am now.
I've had no bonus in that time either - which, again based on performance reviews would have equated to approx 15% of salary.

I know these weren't ALL my choices, that BAs performance dictated my pay - but that's the point. BA DIDNT make money - so, I didn't either.
In the long run, less earnings is better than none at all - especially with an employer as god as BA. Yes, as GOOD as BA. I have been here a long time and compare notes with peers in other companies doing work similar to my own and I am more than happy with my lot.

So, I became VCC - not as a personal protest - but to ensure my future earnings are in place in some form or another.

I can whine ad moan about it - and I do, believe me. But it's even more galling when certain departments are offered a pay rise and it's rejected.

Do you sort of see where the rest of the airline are coming from?