PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 19th Oct 2010, 11:32
jollyjon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
YP - You've got it wrong. The vast majority want a deal, end of. A lot of people are angry, yes, but 'hell bent' on causing a strike at Christmas? That's off the mark, and just not true.

We are all having to endure working in an awful environment, with cat-like remarks and bitching being exchanged both ways (I know, I endured some of the very same only yesterday!). Nobody actually wants this.

I speak to everyone, Perm Crew, Temp Crew, Strikers and Non Strikers, Flight Crew and everybody just wants an end to this. But whilst it's all hanging in the air right now, the fighting, bitching and social outcasting will still go on.

I spoke to a FC Colleague the other day and he tells me he has been suffering from depression since this whole debacle started. People don't often talk about depression, with that, I am wondering how many others are also suffering. I know of several CC that are currently on meds for the same reason.

Fights/arguments are still breaking out away from base, and more seriously, on the aircraft. And for the record, CRM is totally dead. FC colleagues tell me, the social aspect of the job is the worst they have ever experienced. The majority of cabin crew communicate only the absolute necessary on board.

Regarding an offer, most people won't be satisfied with just having ST back. It's way beyond that now. Someone has to pull out the stops, before something nasty happens. Mark my words, it's only a matter of time.