PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dec At Ek!!! HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!!
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2010, 10:56
parabellum
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you work for a rapidly expanding airline any where in the world then DECs are a possibility. If you work for a rapidly expanding airline in the ME or South East Asia, Far East etc. then DECs are a certainty, has been that way for decades, and yes, most of you will end up looking for DEC jobs when you decide to leave Emirates, Itihad, Qatar etc.

The primary concern for the airline is not having aircraft sitting on the ground through lack of qualified crew and if simulator availability is limited, or there are other training constraints, then DECs it will be.

Proper command training is a lengthy process, at the end of which the company have a brand new, inexperienced captain. Airlines have the option to compromise or take in DECs, if your quarrel is the quality of the incoming DECs then you should take it up with the company and be prepared to back up your complaints with irrefutable evidence.

Spent most of my working life in the airlines and as a FO have been walked over myself, it happens, look forward to the day when you are immune from DECs.