PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Air Training
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2010, 10:47
SPARKS8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Again, Thanks for the replies. The training captain was from easyjet. Really nice guy but he was very specific in making it clear that each student they take would be restricted to 500hrs max for a year, and after that the student MIGHT be offered a further contract. If i remember correctly this was raised by a lady questioning it at the end of the talk, and the reason/answer i believe was down to the "global economic climate" but then he went on telling us all how the company is cash rich with a very substantial amount bank!
I couldnt help but think the two comments contradicted themselves a little. He did however also make it clear that he and the comapny he worked for is starting to see a turn for the better and new a.craft are expected in 2011. Like i said iam new to all this and could easily have miss understood. But i was not alone in my thinking on the day, With that and being told i was to old it has put a bit of a dampener on oaa. I agree my chances of flying big jets for major airlines could well be "pie in the sky" at the moment but when the current climate does change, and it will, doors then might well open that are shut now (for all training students). Either way my determination is high and i will get there one day whatever route/training provider i use! I Have been told and heard good things about stapleford - cabair - multiflight so if anyone out there has views either way on them please do tell.