PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 19th Oct 2010, 10:32
jollyjon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's always going to be copies of BASSA comms posted on here. I don't think it bothers most BASSA members. Anyway, it is clearly tasty fodder to those posters on here who don't have anything constructive to add to the thread. Gives them something negative to bleat on about.

Who gives a toss whether someone from BASSA wants to make a personalised style of communication to it's members. Doesn't really have an impact on me. It's clearly an attempt to ease frustrations, whilst BASSA are being silenced by Unite. Some people will get some comfort from any form of communication. Doesn't bother me either way. Clearly, I'd rather have something solid from BASSA/Unite but that's not available right now. What's the point of ridiculing DH? Does that make YOU feel better?

Anyway, the situation is getting out of control now, and it looks like BASSA members are slowly being taken for a ride, by Woodley (imo). BASSA are being frozen out by Unite, and more and more BASSA members are seeing that now.Many people are totally pissed at this realisation. We can now see that unless we dig our heels in firm and secure the best deal possible for ourselves, we are stuffed.

We're not all angry Militants who went on strike. Some of us just want protection for our current terms and conditions, AND the removal of the extra bod has had a huge impact on the quality of the service we deliver.

Some of us have worked for nothing in the past, supported BA in times of need before (only to have been shafted back then too). I want job security. Am I willing to give a little to obtain that?, of course I am. But it's not about that, it's about getting shot of BASSA. And everyone is smelling the coffee now.