PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Important explanation from the European Commission to my letter
Old 19th Oct 2010, 07:35
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I take this opportunity to inform you that there is a preferable alternative to regulating the issue under Regulation 216/2008. Since 2008 already, a draft bilateral air safety agreement between the USA and the EU is technically ready.
Does anyone know anything about the draft bilateral agreement which is technically ready? What does it involve? what are the sticking points that have held up its implementation?
EASA s remit, its constitution is as a safety regulator hence I question the legal validity of using EASA to threaten! Then to publicly admit that the basis of the regulations are as a threat to force the FAA around the table?

In that process the damage carried out to thousands of innocent European citizens may surely contravene other European laws.

I would advise those who have written to their MEPs to copy and paste the commissions response to their MEPs Complaining about how ordinary EC citizens are being damaged and used for political reasons only! by an organisation whos sole purpose should be to regulate on safety grounds.

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 19th Oct 2010 at 08:03.