PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 18th Oct 2010, 20:45
eticket
cheerful pessimist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
baggersup

I just reread the original decisions by Mr. Holland. The suit says that Malone et al are suing for themselves and on behalf of 5,337 cabin crew members. And that 6,100 at LHR are not included in the lawsuit.
I wonder if your earlier query about the number of Cabin Crew involved in the Court Case might have something to do with an appeal that went out for Cabin Crew to sign up as Claimants.

from Desertia 21 Nov 2009 #3501 (link at the bottom of this post)
Following the legal proceedings initiated against BA regarding imposition of new terms and conditions the Court has ordered our lawyers OH Parsons to provide a list of members of cabin crew who want to pursue the claim against BA. That list has to be submitted to the Court no later than 7 December.

We need the maximum to put their names forward as additional Claimants. All cabin crew are urged to put forward their names.
There was concern expressed on here that anyone who did sign up might make themselves liable for Costs / Damages if the Case was lost. I don't know how valid this concern was / still is.

Here is a link to the 21st November 2009 discussion:

http://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew/379...ml#post5330468

Last edited by eticket; 18th Oct 2010 at 21:08. Reason: fine tuning