PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 18th Oct 2010, 20:13
Wubble U

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just received by email.....

BASSA > Latest News

FURTHER UPDATE - DUNCAN’S BLOG
Oct 18th, 2010 by admin

Hi Everyone, just a quick update from me as I know you must all be wondering what the hell is going on. We have now taken all the legal advice referred to in Saturday’s message. All the available reps are meeting Tony Woodley tomorrow to discuss BA’s proposal. A decision as to the way forward will then be taken and conveyed to you asap. Sorry this has taken 48 hours to arrange but we are not functioning as we should due to various reasons such as de-rostering etc etc.

The 4X thing last week has attracted quite a bit of comment - it was a great shame we were not able to see the whole thing through as planned and although some of you were irritated by it I can say my phone did not stop ringing from the media, who were desperate for the "story". Was it right? Was it wrong? I don’t know. The day Tony Woodley was meant to announce the new ballot was 10.10.10.10 which fitted the X.X.X.X. in Roman dates very nicely, but like I said it was not to be. Sometimes you can be too clever but sometimes you cannot be clever enough!!

The Saturday before last I went to Fontwell races (near Brighton) and it poured with rain most of the day. I was trying to shelter under a pint of Guinness (well there was an Irish theme to the day, with the Sawdoctors doing a live show after the races) when a familiar face hove into view. He said to me I’ve got load of BASSA brollies back at the football ground if you want one. Wiping the drops of rain from my glasses I recognised the bearded caretaker from Bedfont, an old friend. He said "will we see you lot again?". I said "never say never". He smiled and said the trampled plants underneath the windows had made a full recovery in our absence!

Actually had a good day with a couple of winners and Louise had a big win in the first race! That put a smile on her face. Mind you she lost most of it when heavily backing "Wayward Lad" (after our son) in the last!

Meanwhile, I’d like to thank Sunni for keeping the BASSA blog thing alive and well on the forum - she really has a hidden talent that I never knew she had. She is "to the manor born" with this rep thing has settled in like an old trooper and let’s face it the intake of new reps in the last few years have had a baptism of fire. They have all done well.

OK, enough chat, all eyes are bound to turn to our meeting tomorrow, don’t worry we are all aware of your views as given at the last branch and on the forum and via your e mails. Nothing will happen without your express approval one way or the other. Please bear with us another 24 hours, it is very important we get the next step right and a full debate between us and UNITE takes place. The whole BASSA/AMICUS committee have not been together since the last strike day at Bedfont. We are as strong in our hearts as ever - have no fear. Hopefully more news tomorrow, if we get home in time. Rgds to all - Duncan - KTF