PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 18th Oct 2010, 12:30
JUAN TRIPP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly I totally concur with the others here that B/H is taking place on a daily basis. The problem is perhaps UDP, is as you are on the 'other'side of this you dont see or feel it. For the SCCM's like myself, I find its not too much of a problem as any situations are quickly dealt with. For the poor main crew its very differant. I could bore us all with umteen stories, but a good friend of mine has just returned from an 8 sector 3 day trip where they had 3 crew most sectors. The Psr and other main crew did NOT speak to him at all apart from doors to manual/automatic crossed checked. That was it for 3 days.Total disgrace. What I will say however is I have flown with a few crew with bag tags and lanyards who are lovely people. Unfortunetely the mob are doing themselves no favours.

UPPERDECKPURSER wrote

On the other hand I do know of many many people suspended and sacked due to this dispute, yet not one person has yet come forward with a genuine case of bullying by strikers on non-strikers - can anyone prove me wrong and give a true validated example?
Only last week a WW csd was sacked for serious bullying and harrassment of a crew member on board. When I heard his name, it was no surprise. I know the details and it was genuine enough many times over to sack this guy.

As for giving you details UDP. Well I've been physically threatened myself. No sorry no details as I wish to keep my council on this but its true and I know it. Thats good enough for me.

This problem stems from one individual in particular who has made this an art form for years. He has allowed his reps to say/do whatever they want and this has cascaded down to crew who in some cases have mimicked his behaviour. Sorry guys no prizes for guessing I'm talking about DH.

Finally Colonal White, your interpretation of B/H was spot on. Well said, and well said the others for their interpretation as well