PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Training in Brazil
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2010, 10:51
TheBP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm going to have to chime in here, basically to echo what others have already written: Investigate/think extremely carefully before proceeding with the idea.

I thought extremely seriously about it, given that I had permanent residency and entitlement to naturalize. But have you thought about the fact naturalization might take many years? I used to think the bureaucracy in the UK could be frustrating, but in Brazil it's just taken to a whole new level. Expect to be given different answers by different people.

Combine that with the fact that once I visited a school and the instructor couldn't even explain a basic theoretical concept. For the sake of my own personal respect and desire to be as good aviator as possible - it was game over for me by that stage.

Brazil from the outside is a beautiful country and it does have some great people, but despite the growth/future potential - First World it surely isn't yet. Of all the pilots I've spoke to there, they all thought I was insane to even consider leaving Europe. Literally. I had one laughing. My conclusion is they were right.

Check out some of the posts about working schedules too if you want to see your child grow up..

Certainly $200/hour is crazy and you need to shop around as you'll find way better deals.

In your situation I'd stay in the US without hesitation. Perhaps if you haven't started training already Brazil might not appear so bad.

This post appears awfully negative, but I feel an obligation to be truthful. If however you do decide to go for it - boa sorte.