PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 17th Oct 2010, 23:56
HAHAHAHAHAH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HF14,

Quote "not all our members choose to join the forum, and as this number was being confused as being our total membership numbers, we have now removed it from our forum. Hope this clarifies for you".

Really. Who’s spinning now? It appears that the pccc are increasingly committing the transgressions that they so frequently and unjustly accuse the recognised workplace union of doing. Unfortunately, the pccc rhetoric is becoming more and more transparent in it’s true objectives of de-unionising a workforce to the benefit of whom exactly, no one can be sure. (after all it is a fact that the pccc are NOT a union, as per their website and are actively encouraging union members to leave their union, no?)

A brief look at the pccc forum and the comms sent out by the anonymous organisation sound more like some kind of union busting Darlek constantly bleating “EXTERMINATE BASSA! EXTERMINATE!! EXTERMINATE!!!!”. I don’t think I’ve read a single set of comms from the pccc which didn’t have this ultimate message in some form. Very professional, not. Surely, the focus of the pccc should be primarily on the limited membership and their limited views, instead of what seems to be a single minded attack on another work place representative body representing the majority.

Most of all I feel pity for the limited few who have chosen to support the pccc. I take it the meeting in Leicester square wasn’t much fun for the only two members who chose to attend and spend the afternoon wandering round the square in desperate search for another like minded individual or indeed what might pass a representative. Again, I suggest that that attendance figure represents the minority the pccc say to represent.

Nutjob - Re transfers for LGW...

Quote:

"No rules regarding this were changed in the first proposals.[...] You were NOT striking over this and it's quite worrying (yet common) that you believe you were."

And in a single post, you have exposed the entire pointless nature of this entire thread. However, that's not entirely your fault, it's representative of a group of people not evolved directly and talking about a subject which does not impact upon them directly. Unless that is you are cabin crew at LGW, and in that case I will happily withdrawn my statement.

Let us not forget the ‘fight for survival’ proved to be out and out nonsense as we've all ultimately witnessed that 21 days of industrial action and 9 days of ash closure hasn't seen the airline disappear off the face of the earth. (and yes, your pensions are still safe). Indeed, the opposite is now apparent and we're actively seeking to swallow up other airlines with our extensive cash reserves. As accurately described by my representatives. Not a fight for survival but more resembling a greedy squabble at the trough.
In the alternative case. I submit the following facts.

Fact. There was 8 dispute items in the ballot which directly concerned LGW. Including transfer rights. Right from the first ballot. If you’re unaware of them, you either didn’t read the enclosed letter of dispute or didn’t receive it as you were not qualified to receive it in the first place.

Now I fully appreciate that this is a forum where one is expected to 'box' with one hand tied behind one's back. But again, I say this. I stood up for my transfer right. A right negotiated by my representatives. Would my respected colleagues in the flight crew community accept the withdrawal of a right to transfer fleet and base. I think not. (I can hear you all scream, this isn’t about flight crew. I’m not stating it is. I’m simply asking a question. Would YOU accept the company withdrawing your right to transfer fleet or base? And I’d appreciate any brave enough to answer.)

Therefore I submit that I was justified in taking lawful industrial action and will continue to take such action until this right, one which is respected by both communities, is returned. After all. Fight for survival has exposed itself into the true manta of "We have a right to manage." Which I guess includes all communities.