PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Singapore Contract
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2010, 03:09
pigdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you will find thats for the f/o's. The capt deal is base 10k per month, with $200 p/hr over 50 from then on. Rough figures for a skipper are 195-200k sing for 850 hrs per yr.(including the yearly bonuses ) The BIG difference is J* are not providing any rental/housing or schooling assistance.
Schooling is expensive, and rent will cost around 3500-4500p/mth for a nice 2 bedroom place.
From what I have heard, the guys going are moving up, taking families etc with them, as the company made it very clear they will not make a commuting roster. All this rubbish about guys coming home for days off is simply garbage. (Besides, if they did they would be doing the same very dodgy thing as all the CX guys that are based in HKG but live in Aust with their families currently do).
You will be employed by J* asia,not J* aust.
I know one of the guys who was looking at the deal and he found out a few more of the facts.
The funny thing is, I hear 2 guys who are going up are in fact current EBA 330 skippers!!!, so things must be really bad at home if they going one would imagine???!!! The other thing he mentioned is that they have more than enough guys willing/wanting to go.
As I have said before, just make sure you get all the facts, and seek proper advice before jumping if it applies to you.....

Last edited by pigdriver; 17th Oct 2010 at 04:04.